Friday, April 24, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday - Volume 1

My friend, Megan, introduced me to a great blog, Conversion Diary. Every Friday people link up and share 7 things they have taken away or are thinking about from the week. I thought it sounded like a fun thing to try.



1. With the right tool, even a toddler can pitch in around the house. He walked around with this Swiffer all afternoon. He even wanted to take it to bed with him. He was not happy when I pried it out of his chubby little fingers.



2. If you look closely at the picture above you'll notice that's not a sock on my Swiffer. I have gotten lazy with my green efforts and plan on jumping back on the wagon next week. Keep an eye out for the revival of Three R Thursdays.

3. It's been raining a lot. I was beginning to get a little down on the rain and ready to hurt the next person that said "April showers bring May flowers". Then I saw these blooms. Sorry rain - you don't have to go away - just try to avoid Mondays and Wednesday so my child can play soccer. Thank you.



4. It gives me great satisfaction to buy clothes for the kids at consignment stores. It really is worth looking on a regular basis to see what you can find.



5. Even though preschool only lasts 2 1/2 hours, I will totally miss it tomorrow when school's out for a professional day.

6. I'd like to get better about praying when things are good. I've become very experienced at reaching out for God when things are difficult. But life is good, and I need to be more generous with my prayers of thankfulness.

7. All it takes is one little play date with a good friend to make you remember how important relationships are. I've always had wonderful women in my life. I want to work harder to nuture those friendships.

8 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I miss my playdates with my best friends! Treasure those you have.

Gorgeous blooms! And yes, I also need to do so much better with prayers of gratitude. I get so lazy.

We are going consignment store hopping tomorrow. YAY for shopping "another way!"

So glad you did 7 Quick Takes this week.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful blog!!
looking forward to read more. Thanks for doing 7 quick takes it's always nice to visit other people's blogs.. :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Those are some really good points, especially about good friendships. I am also big on the consignment shopping...you never know what you're going to find!
Carrie

Kimberly said...

this is a cool idea. I hope i remember next week to join in!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Yes- flowers will be here to stay and I'm so happy!
And those outfits are Adorable!!
And amen on the prayers. We're thankful for health today. My town is shut down b/c of swine flu, so we're hunkering down and cursing pigs! ha!

Alana said...

Our preschool is only 2 1/2 hours, too. Doesn't it go by in the blink of an eye?

Allie said...

Consignment shops are fantastic! And such a great way to cut down on waste and the energy used in making new items. Plus, I always feel so smart when I get a compliment on a sweater or shirt I paid 5 bucks for.

Patgirl said...

I need to visit your blog more. Everything you have to say is so meaningful and puts a smile on my face. I need to pray more and play more too. Can you please send Kale over to my house for a cleaning??? My floors could really use it!