Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm Sew Excited!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We had a lovely time and got to spend some quality time with family.

My very generous father-in-law gave me this beauty for Christmas.

He purchased it at a local quilting store. I'm going tomorrow to learn the important stuff - like how to turn it on and thread the needle.

I can't wait to get started. I've been looking through my del.icio.us page for sewing ideas I've been saving for awhile.

I'm going to start with something relatively easy. Hopefully I won't be able to screw up these cloth napkins from Design*Sponge.

Don't you think the kids would love these super hero capes.

TipNut also has a great resource of tutorials for making aprons. (Honey, please don't laugh - you don't have to cook to need an apron. It would be nice to wear one while I decoupage something).

I've always thought these crayon roll-up pouches would be great gifts.

This should be enough ideas to get me started. As soon as I teach the baby how to change his own diaper and show the big kids how to make their own pjbs, I'll be able to get some sewing done!

5 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

That IS exciting! I want to know how to sew and want to be good at it... I just don't want to do all the learning and practice. Much like the piano and violin that I've always wanted to play.

Kathleen W. said...

Oh how lucky!! What a great father-in-law you have. I can't wait to see what you make, and all of those things sound so cool. I've wanted to make a crayon roll for such a long time now.

Happy New Year Alana!

Lisa said...

I'm very jealous! I have no room for one now so it has to wait so have fun for me. :)

Anonymous said...

That's great! You probably don't need any more ideas, but how about a crayon roll sewed across the bottom of a kid's apron? Someone gifted us with one, and it's super cute.

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic gift!! :^D)