Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thrify Finds for $29

Yesterday I loaded up the car for a trip to Goodwill. Did you know Goodwill doesn't except children's items? Go figure! So I ended up taking them to Lutheran Missions. While I was waiting for the nicest fellow to unload my car, I did a little shopping.


I've always wanted a soup tureen. They just seem so grown up, but they're expensive so I've admired from afar. Now I have my very own and it's making me think of Fall and all the delicious soups I need to learn how to make. I should be able to handle soup, right?

The glass jars are part of my master plan to have a beautiful pantry like the ones you see in magazines - you know the ones - pantries without opened goldfish bags, stale pasta and baby food containers.

I love my thrifty finds. I'm a happy little green decorator!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love that tureen.

I've made a bunch of soups lately and have frozen them for cooler fall days. I'd be happy to pass on any recipes. I have made an eggplant/onion soup, celery soup, corn chowder (which has been eaten), and a fennel soup. As soon as we start getting winter squash from our CSA, I'll be making a lot more.

nicole aka gidget said...

very cool finds! I want to start collecting glass jars for food storage too. Great idea on looking at thrift stores for them!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love what you found! I agree...I would love to find a soup tureen, it does seem so grown up. Thanks for your advice on my furniture upholstery, too, I can't wait to check out the link you sent me!
Carrie

The Beauty Bargainista said...

great finds! these are all lovely, and you cant beat the price!!